Age

I finally got caught up on my blog reading (phew), and I had a random moment of clarity. I don’t know why, I just had this thought pop in my head.

For those that don’t know, I’m only 22. I’ve been 22 for a whopping month.

That being said, what dawned on me, was the fact that 90% of the people who read and/or comment on my blog are more than likely old enough to be my father. The other 10% are old enough to be an older relative, such as an uncle.

I mean, imagine your son or favorite nephew having a gun blog. Crazy isn’t it?

Before you get all feeling old, think about it from my view point: it makes me feel like a little kid. I mean, I sit down and read quite a number of gun blogs, and I’m willing to bet that of all the gun blogs I read (see blogroll to the right), the youngest gun blogger listed in my blogroll is probably in their mid to late 30s, call it 36-37.

Then you get to me, and I’m the youngin’ of the group.

Advertisements

4 Responses to “Age”

  1. Jay,

    When I first started reading blogs, I thought everyone writing them was in their late 60s or so based on the incredible amount of knowledge and experience.

    Turns out that they are in my age range and all over the place. I’m mid 40s (can get away with mid for 40 more days).

    Never confuse age with maturity – My older brother is proof of that concept — still not sure when he is going to grow up.

    Keep up the good work

  2. Hey Jay,
    Bob hits it out of the park with,
    “Never confuse age with maturity” – I’m living proof of that concept. Well out of the mid 40’s but refuse to act like it. Except when my knee or back acts up, then it’s more like mid 90’s.

  3. I think Bob did say it the best, “Never confuse age with maturity”.

    When I was a senior in high school, there were quite a number of people who thought I had to be at least a sophomore or junior in college. Most of the times, I had to actually show them my driver’s license to get them to believe me!

    Nowadays, like when I first started working for Wally World, everyone thought I had to be somewhere in the 27-30 range. There was much disbelief that was I was only 21 (now 22).

  4. Greetings from Falls County,
    Got a flash for you Jay, if you didn’t have anything interesting to say we wouldn’t be reading. You present your ideas in your own unique fashion.
    That sometimes comes with age but not always. I spend a lot of time dealing with writers. There are some ‘gray heads’ out there that can’t hold a candle to you.
    Keep up the good work.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: